So the exercising is going well. Last week I hit the elliptical three different days, as well as my abs and some weights. This week I've hit it three days and counting (my goal is to hit five or six). Our family is going to the beach in June so I have a bit of an incentive to get in shape--the last thing I want is to scare fellow beach visitors away.
As for the writing, the 1000 words/day hasn't entirely worked out. Sometimes I prefer to work on the beauty over the quantity, so maybe my goal needs to be time oriented? I'm still not sure. But for the next few days I'll try for the 90 minutes/day, 60 minutes if that's the best I can work out. And other days much longer if I can get Grayman or sitters to help me with the kids.
But I appreciated one blogger's comment calling me a guerrilla writer. I'm not so sure about that, but I did leave the baby in the car in the garage with the sunroof rolled down and the garage door propped open so I can hear him when he wakes up. This can only work in Texas where it'll be 70 degrees today.
Now to my working manuscript!
Even if it's not 1000 words a day, you're writing daily! And as for the walking, I've been aiming for 3-5 days a week since the New Year. I actually set up having to email a few people so I'd be motivated to do it on days that I struggle. Thanks for sharing your update, it's inspiring!
ReplyDeleteCatherine Denton
Well I'm glad you're finding it inspiring and not obnoxious! I'd rather be witty or deep instead of sharing too much about my personal life, but sometimes it's all I've got!
ReplyDeleteAhh, sleeping babies . . . that would be nice. I took my baby and preschooler to the doctor yesterday along with some scene cards I'm re-plotting (is that even a word?). It was a FAIL. Baby claimed the pencil and scribbled all over anything I tried to write on even when I gave him his own paper.
ReplyDeleteThen I fell asleep while he took his nap. ASLEEP--with manuscript in hand--during my precious writing time! This baby has got to get well and sleep through the night.
Oh, man, Kate. Will you hate me if I admit I smiled while reading this? Lucky for us (though cute) babies grow up, become much more independent and will (hopefully) allow our pencils to be.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!! We both need it. :)