It's tough revising, because it's hard to know how to have the right mind-set. Many fellow writers know what I'm talking about. We waffle between, "This is the most amazing book ever," to "Who will want to read this trash?" Or, "I can totally make that deadline," to "Yeah, there's no possible way." That's me. And that's why I'm silent. I'm trying my best to make the best book possible, but some days it is hard not to feel overwhelmed. We recently built a swimming pool for my three small children, and I was excited because that meant they could get tuckered out each morning, then rest in the afternoons while I write. Well then they got pretty severe ear infections and that went out the window, so I managed to take them to the park today for forty minutes before it got to be 100 degrees and we came home. My kids are not getting tuckered out for the afternoons.
So, yeah. The revising. I'm knee-deep. If I'm not blogging or tweeting much it's because I'm swimming in edits, only occasionally coming up to breathe. September 1st, I both love and fear you. For the first time I completely understand why the first part of the word Deadline is "dead." Because I'm dead if I don't make it, dead if I do. From exhaustion, from depression, from too many catastrophic sparks zapping from my head. Well, not all catastrophic. I hope.
September - it's the most wonderful time ..of the year..! lol
ReplyDeleteDEADline. I'd never considered that before, but you are so right. Good luck:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for always cheering me on, Kate. I need it! Ready for summer to end? I'm not! I love the heat and flip-flops.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it Mary! You will have the most amazing book! Keep on going! :)
ReplyDeleteI found you through Twitter. I feel for you. I'm slogging through revisions on my novel, too, and keep vacillating between wanting to pump my fist in victory to wanting to throw the damn thing out the window. :) We can do it!!
ReplyDeleteMary you can do it, and I can watch you 2 small ones once school starts, call me.
ReplyDelete