To enter the chance to winTWO FREE REGAL CINEMAS MOVIE TICKETS, answer at least one of the following questions:if you could have any super power what would it be ORwho is your favorite character in possession of an enhanced ability?
I was known as Wolverine throughout my twenties and some people still call me Logan. I grew my sideburns and generally looked the menace and unlike Hugh Jackman I am the correct height.
Superpower? I'd want healing. I'd want to be able to heal any injury on any person. Sure, it would be great to heal myself but imagine if you could just take away someone's cancer or infertility, or auto-immune disease? That's power.
Well of course my favorite character is Edward! And hearing people's thoughts would be awesome, but I'd prefer to have the "push" ability from the movie Push-to put thoughts into someone's head. Maybe not the most ethical power, but it sure would be handy!
I'd have to say blinking where I want to go. What more do you need. If I want to visit a family, blink I'm there. If I need a break from the fam, bam i'm on some deserted island. Man...that would be awesome.
I think I would want to be able to remember everything! I would only have to read/learn/be told something once and I'd remember it for life. I asked J.J. what super power he would want and he said he'd want to be able to speak and read every language in the world (past and present)!
Oh boy, the possibilities are endless... I want to make cute little comments about each of your ideas but then you'd think I was just trying to be nice... but great ideas, guys. Honestly--things I'd never come up with by myself.
I'm gonna go with the ability to take on other people's powers, like Peter Petrelli on Heroes. That way there's some strategy involved, you have any power you need at your disposal, when you need it (assuming you associate with useful people that is). :D
I would love to be able to make the world peaceful. Imagine what could happen if we could all just get along! If I could somehow control the minds of the terrorists, governing powers, and make everyone CHILL OUT that would be great. - Abby
It's completely boring and unoriginal, but I'd want to fly. Wouldn't that just be so cool? And I might want this super-power to come with wings like the kid in X-Men III, but only if I could learn how to sew and alter all my clothes so that I could still wear them...!
(I have this sweater that I love because it's super long and looks like a cape and I feel like a superhero when I wear it. So powerful!)
P.S. I was totally thinking about writing this same thing on my blog! I guess I've been watching too much of X-Men and Heroes... But I sure am glad I'm not the only one! I'm glad you beat me to it, though-- it's fun to see everyone's responses!
I'm totally with Karen--when I was a kid I decided that I would invent some kind of device that could not only recognize every object and place it in its correct place, but differentiate between the objects and dust, dirt, germs, grime, etc, and just blast through the entire house cleaning it all up. My one recurring nightmare from the time I was little? I have to pack for a trip or to move and the entire contents of the house, of my life, every gum wrapper, every discarded piece of clothing or shoe is on the floor and I have to sort through it all and make sure I don't leave behind anything important. While people are waiting for me. Definitely need some Mary Poppins powers.
Mary (formerly Crozier) Gray, this is Julie (formerly Christensen) Graham. I can't *believe* you are becoming a published author--that is awesome! Holy cow. And because I like free things, I'm entering your drawing.
I'd like to have the power of teleportation. Not only would it be awesome, but I could visit friends and family when I pleased. Plus I would save a bundle on gas and airline tickets. It's the perfect power because it combines economy, family togetherness and awesomeness. ;)
I've always thought that one day I would find a scroll of invisibility in an old wooden chest in the attic of a run down house in the South that I inherited through the death of a long lost relative.
I'd love to be able to be in two places at one time...cleaning up my house and out to lunch with friends. Taking a nap and spending time with my children. Is that really a super power or just wanting more time in the day?
I would love to be able to time travel. (Is that a super power?) I think it would be so awesome to be able to visit different time periods. And it would be such a kick to see what your parents and grandparents were like as children or teenagers!
Doh! Who would have thought??? Okay, so if the winner doesn't have a Regal Cinemas close by, I'll send you the hard cash for two to go to the movies. WOW! How embarrassing!!
Julie! Thanks for stopping by!! It's been so long! Where are you living now??
Andrea, you made it! I love all my newbies! Thanks for coming back Aubrey and Kimber! And Amanda, thank you for coming!! You guys are helping me out! This is actually a contest between other authors to see who can get the most comments by Saturday. I'm not winning... so if you have friends you can send my way, I'd truly appreciate it! But if not, it's at least fun to see all the support. ;)
I would want to be able to be burn proof...why because I think death by fire would be horrible. This way I would never have to worry about burning up...and of course I could throw fire at someone or something.
The memory thing would be great, although there are some things I don't mind forgetting, although I am not sure what they are because I have forgotten them, thankfully. I think I would want to be tireless... no sleep needed. Just think of all the things I could get done! I'm excited just thinking about it. If I win, please pick someone else. I don't even know how close the nearest Regal Cinemas is to Cody, WY. But fun post!
Krista, it looks like Regal's an east coast thing. I might send out a cinemark card if there is one near the winner. Thanks for stopping by! I love the no sleep idea. I could read and write all night long. *sigh* I love the thought.
I wouldn't want a super power. Too much pressure. But I loved Ned from Pushing Daisies, he could bring a dead person back to life but if he kept them alive for more than one minute, someone else would die in their place. Apparently no one else liked him though because they canceled the show.
Another favorite character is the Joker in the new Batman. although he didn't have super powers...just an enhanced ability to be incredibly evil. He was one of the best villians I've ever seen in a movie. So creepy.
SO creepy!! I couldn't believe just how creepy he was! I about had a heart attack when I saw Mary Blodgett showed up at last year's Christmas Party looking exactly like him!
I was known as Wolverine throughout my twenties and some people still call me Logan. I grew my sideburns and generally looked the menace and unlike Hugh Jackman I am the correct height.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had Mary Poppins super powers so I could wave a wand and the house would be clean. I know it is dull, but it's what I have always wanted.
ReplyDeleteSpiderman! Spiderman! Spiderman! I love Spiderman. I want to be Spiderman because I have always wanted to walk on the ceiling.
ReplyDeleteEternal youth, like in Twilight. I'd prefer not to be a vampire, though.
ReplyDeleteI always wanted to be Samantha from bewitched. There's something about wiggling your nose and getting whatever you want.
ReplyDeleteSuperpower? I'd want healing. I'd want to be able to heal any injury on any person. Sure, it would be great to heal myself but imagine if you could just take away someone's cancer or infertility, or auto-immune disease? That's power.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I can't get over how many diverse ideas you all have! Healing? Nose twitching? Cleaning? I'm glad I posed this question!
ReplyDeleteWell of course my favorite character is Edward! And hearing people's thoughts would be awesome, but I'd prefer to have the "push" ability from the movie Push-to put thoughts into someone's head. Maybe not the most ethical power, but it sure would be handy!
ReplyDeleteWait, I thought of another one, I want the power to honk my car horn and all the traffic to disappear.
ReplyDeleteI'd have to say blinking where I want to go. What more do you need. If I want to visit a family, blink I'm there. If I need a break from the fam, bam i'm on some deserted island. Man...that would be awesome.
ReplyDeleteI think I would want to be able to remember everything! I would only have to read/learn/be told something once and I'd remember it for life.
ReplyDeleteI asked J.J. what super power he would want and he said he'd want to be able to speak and read every language in the world (past and present)!
Oh boy, the possibilities are endless... I want to make cute little comments about each of your ideas but then you'd think I was just trying to be nice... but great ideas, guys. Honestly--things I'd never come up with by myself.
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna go with the ability to take on other people's powers, like Peter Petrelli on Heroes. That way there's some strategy involved, you have any power you need at your disposal, when you need it (assuming you associate with useful people that is). :D
ReplyDeleteSarah! You made it!! Yeah Peter pretty much has the catch all power. At least you didn't say Sylar...
ReplyDeleteI would love to be able to make the world peaceful. Imagine what could happen if we could all just get along! If I could somehow control the minds of the terrorists, governing powers, and make everyone CHILL OUT that would be great. - Abby
ReplyDeleteIt's completely boring and unoriginal, but I'd want to fly. Wouldn't that just be so cool? And I might want this super-power to come with wings like the kid in X-Men III, but only if I could learn how to sew and alter all my clothes so that I could still wear them...!
ReplyDelete(I have this sweater that I love because it's super long and looks like a cape and I feel like a superhero when I wear it. So powerful!)
P.S. I was totally thinking about writing this same thing on my blog! I guess I've been watching too much of X-Men and Heroes... But I sure am glad I'm not the only one! I'm glad you beat me to it, though-- it's fun to see everyone's responses!
ReplyDeletehow about the power to kill a yak...with mind bullets!
ReplyDeletetenacious d
I wish my blog links listed the blogs by the most comments. It would make keeping track of this contest much easier.
ReplyDeleteMaybe my super power would be reading blog comments without clicking on anything. Ha!
Or maybe being able to get my awesome post up in less than 4 days.
I would like to be able to be anywhere in the world at anytime by just wanting to be there maybe clicking my heels;)
ReplyDeleteI'm totally with Karen--when I was a kid I decided that I would invent some kind of device that could not only recognize every object and place it in its correct place, but differentiate between the objects and dust, dirt, germs, grime, etc, and just blast through the entire house cleaning it all up. My one recurring nightmare from the time I was little? I have to pack for a trip or to move and the entire contents of the house, of my life, every gum wrapper, every discarded piece of clothing or shoe is on the floor and I have to sort through it all and make sure I don't leave behind anything important. While people are waiting for me. Definitely need some Mary Poppins powers.
ReplyDeleteMary (formerly Crozier) Gray, this is Julie (formerly Christensen) Graham. I can't *believe* you are becoming a published author--that is awesome! Holy cow. And because I like free things, I'm entering your drawing.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to have the power of teleportation. Not only would it be awesome, but I could visit friends and family when I pleased. Plus I would save a bundle on gas and airline tickets. It's the perfect power because it combines economy, family togetherness and awesomeness. ;)
How ARE you??
I've always thought that one day I would find a scroll of invisibility in an old wooden chest in the attic of a run down house in the South that I inherited through the death of a long lost relative.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to be able to be in two places at one time...cleaning up my house and out to lunch with friends. Taking a nap and spending time with my children. Is that really a super power or just wanting more time in the day?
ReplyDeleteI would love to be able to time travel. (Is that a super power?) I think it would be so awesome to be able to visit different time periods. And it would be such a kick to see what your parents and grandparents were like as children or teenagers!
ReplyDeleteAre Regal Cinema's everywhere? Or just back east, I'm not even sure if I have seen them in Utah.
ReplyDeleteDoh! Who would have thought??? Okay, so if the winner doesn't have a Regal Cinemas close by, I'll send you the hard cash for two to go to the movies. WOW! How embarrassing!!
ReplyDeleteJulie! Thanks for stopping by!! It's been so long! Where are you living now??
ReplyDeleteAndrea, you made it! I love all my newbies! Thanks for coming back Aubrey and Kimber! And Amanda, thank you for coming!! You guys are helping me out! This is actually a contest between other authors to see who can get the most comments by Saturday. I'm not winning... so if you have friends you can send my way, I'd truly appreciate it! But if not, it's at least fun to see all the support. ;)
I would want to be able to be burn proof...why because I think death by fire would be horrible. This way I would never have to worry about burning up...and of course I could throw fire at someone or something.
ReplyDeleteLOL--thanks for stopping by, Jean. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm giving you another comment to keep the heat on Kate I don't want her thinking she can just hang out in spot number 2.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThe memory thing would be great, although there are some things I don't mind forgetting, although I am not sure what they are because I have forgotten them, thankfully.
ReplyDeleteI think I would want to be tireless... no sleep needed. Just think of all the things I could get done! I'm excited just thinking about it.
If I win, please pick someone else. I don't even know how close the nearest Regal Cinemas is to Cody, WY. But fun post!
Krista, it looks like Regal's an east coast thing. I might send out a cinemark card if there is one near the winner. Thanks for stopping by! I love the no sleep idea. I could read and write all night long. *sigh* I love the thought.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't want a super power. Too much pressure. But I loved Ned from Pushing Daisies, he could bring a dead person back to life but if he kept them alive for more than one minute, someone else would die in their place. Apparently no one else liked him though because they canceled the show.
ReplyDeleteAnother favorite character is the Joker in the new Batman. although he didn't have super powers...just an enhanced ability to be incredibly evil. He was one of the best villians I've ever seen in a movie. So creepy.
SO creepy!! I couldn't believe just how creepy he was! I about had a heart attack when I saw Mary Blodgett showed up at last year's Christmas Party looking exactly like him!
ReplyDelete