Friday, October 9, 2009

Quote of the Day

I'm teaching my 22-month-old how to say "I love you." I say a word and she repeats, and this is how it goes:

Me: I
Aidan: Aw
Me: love
Aidan: dead
Me: you
Aidan: boo!

Aidan synchronized: "Aw dead boo!"

So, apparently to my little girl, love is morose, love is scary, and I pretty much agree.

What is love to you? And no quotes from 1 Corinthians!

14 comments:

  1. My little girl is also about 22 months-Dec18
    and she says "GooNite"
    and "Dub you"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dec. 20th here! Cute age! Although she's beginning to behave like a two year old... *threatening music*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Dec. 12th. What kind of mother am I???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to me? "Love is not love, which alters when it alteration finds or bends with the remover to remove. Oh no. It is an ever fixed mark that looks on tempests and is never shaken."

    In short, Love is Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is my husband actually liking my apple pie with the nasty, melted shortening crust. With his mouth full of crumbs he said, "Why do you say this is bad? This is the best pie I ever ate." and he means it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I knew I should put that question out there. Steadfastness, the answer from both of you great ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Love is never having to say you're sorry"

    (I don't believe it but I had to say it, because of you know...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Gilbert & Sullivan's Patience: "Love is the most unselfish thing ever!" And then as poor Patience tries to put this rather silly notion into practice, everything falls apart. She decides that it would be selfish of her to marry the boy she loves, because he is just too perfect and instead determines that she must marry the foppishly bad poet (a spoof on Oscar Wilde) instead, because who would really want him?

    Really, though? I think love means being blind to the bad and ecstatic over the good. How hard can that be? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Pres. Hinckley did did say selfishness is the greatest obstacle to love, so Patience maybe had something there.

    Ah, extremes, makes for great fiction, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE jane's story!
    if you like someone, you'll help them move.
    if you love someone, you'll help them move bodies! =D lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, it fits in with the morose bit. I'm with you, Squeeze.

    ReplyDelete