As much as my parents strove to shape a little girl with balance in her life, I must confess here and now I am a ridiculously obsessive person.
Last year when I started writing my book, it was all I wanted to do. I wrote. And wrote. Begged my husband to take the children. Wrote when they slept. Wrote when I might have been shopping. Wrote when I might have been on the phone.
And it was such an innocent little affair. The obsession. The money not spent, the disbelief that I could ever truly admit to others what I was doing or that it would ever do any good. Well. Many of your read my last post. And you know I still have insecurities of that little fact; but that is not the topic of this post, my topic today is imbalance!
I mentioned Alias in my last posting. And, boy, have I consumed a lot. That and the second Mistborn book by Brandon Sanderson--boy that's a long book, but incredibly good.
But, I've pretty much decided something: I have a ridiculous one-track mind. I write and write and write. Or I consume and consume and consume. It's so difficult to turn the emotional switch for me! Learn from the masters or pretend I am one myself?? And don't even get me started on switching from writing one book to my other. Oh, the emotional channels! If only I were Logos!
How about you? Are you in consumption or creation mode? Or are you the Kung Fu Master that can balance the both? In that case we just might not be friends anymore. ;)
I KNOW KUNG-FU
ReplyDelete*Eyes Neo... Eh-hem... David*
ReplyDelete"THEN SHOW ME"
Oh! And if you're participating in NaNoWriMo, I bow down here, writers!
ReplyDeleteI'm currently in creative mode but then again, I'm Nano-ing so it's tough not to be. It's hard to find balance. I still haven't.
ReplyDeleteI like to spend Sunday planning a very calm, balanced week for myself. Monday goes as planned, but by Tuesday I rebel against my balanced Monday, and each day gets progressively worse. By Saturday I am wild eyed with my hair standing on end. Then Sunday I sit down and plan a very calm, balanced week for myself.
ReplyDeleteHehe! I like your depiction, L.
ReplyDeleteGo L.T! I'm excited for your story!
Working on it. Working on it. Working on it.
ReplyDelete(my mantra as I write obsessively, the dryer has finished its cycle, I hear the kids' bus pull up, realize my child is still at ballet, the garage door opens and I shut my laptop and rush to the kitchen to start dinner) Working on it.
Ha ha ha. Nice to know I'm not the only one who's NEVER bored. ;)
ReplyDelete