Monday, November 30, 2009

Hiro Nakamura Has What I Need


Maybe if I squint in front of the mirror just like Hiro I'll obtain his power I so desperately covet. Oh, to freeze time! Then I could get it all done. At first I wanted to skip sleep. And food. But freezing time is really the answer, because I do enjoy those former activities.

Then I could get ALL the reading, writing, painting, *wincing* grooming done to my little heart's content and still have the time during my daughter's nap to accomplish those *other* activities I thrash about, nudging even further into the dark abyss of neglect. Such as cleaning. And cooking. Or serving in my calling.

Or maybe I just need Sazed's Feurochemical ability to increase speed. (Thank you, Brandon Sanderson for providing me yet another power to covet.) But I am grateful for what I have. For I have been given much. I just want to do too much... in too little time.

10 comments:

  1. Mary, it is so cool that you have the Stealing Christmas cover on your sidebar! Your first publication, that is so incredibly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just trying to figure out when we are supposed to find time to decorate the tree, which has been up for a week with lights. I got the house lights up today, though! Time flies so fast already, the holidays turn it into light speed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but you have your tree UP. That's impressive alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have often thought about having the power to freeze time, and I decided that if I had that power I would spend so much time with time frozen I would age prematurely. I would be 100 years old when only several months had passed in the real world. Then I would die an early death, because I would actually be much older than the years I had lived, and I would end up with no more time on my hands than I had without frozen time.

    So there you have it. The wet blanket on super powers. Sometimes super powers aren't so super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doh! Such realism! L.A., you're spoiling my plans! *wringing hands* So what do you suggest I do to accomplish it all??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still trying to figure that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heart Hiro. Every time he's on the screen I die laughing. He's so Japanese and so cute all at the same time. (I also heart TV shows that get native speakers for stuff like that, rather than having some lame-o actor (like-- ahem-- Tom Cruise) say a few words way too slowly and then have all of Hollywood swoon over their incredible abilities...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe. Glad to find a fellow Hiro lover. He IS so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary! You are a BEAUTIFUL writer! Every word on your blog is perfect! What an enjoyable read--I can't believe I've been missing out these last few months! I now have your blog on my google reader, so I don't miss a post again! Can you tell I like to use exclamation points?! :-)And was I supposed to know that you paint? I need to catch up with you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete