Monday, February 22, 2010

From the Mouth of Babes

Yesterday I went for a drive with my son. It was just him and me and we had the best of conversations. In one hour, he'd given me three story ideas, tangents, or otherwise interpretations of our world, entirely unique!
  • First, he explained how God made our skin. He took rubber, made it clear, and heated it up. Reawy hot.
  • Then God made our bones, but the method remains unknown. I suggested from dinosaur bones but that idea didn't fly.
  • And finally, only the people with friends get their bones buried in the ground. And only if they're really lucky do their bones get a marker.
Moral of the story: Elastigirl is more plausible than we thought, Dino-Men would not fly with kiddos today, and I'd better start being a heck of a lot nicer to my friends.

Hmmm. To think I was baffled by my cremation dream last night...

10 comments:

  1. lol! that's hilarious! too cute, the way kids see the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Who needs an imagination? Just a tape recorder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story! It's great that you're recording these moments so you don't forget them later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How old is your son? He's so cute. And what a great time for a conversation. I have some of the best conversations in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not very good at recording these times, Theresa. I need to do better!

    Aubrie, he's five and he thinks he runs the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids have cool ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. The makings of a future B. Gray!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever boy! God made our skin out of rubber...what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I've always wanted to be cremated instead of buried. What will that say about me?
    Save all these brilliant conversations they'll either play into your writing or be great stories to tell when he's older. :)

    ReplyDelete