Thursday, February 11, 2010

Take three: Home Renovation

I'm feeling lazy. And extremely self centered. Here are the pics of my bedroom. We still need to do the trim around the windows...and buy a dresser. Anyone forgive my lack of blogging since I swear I'm working on something else? I'd tell you want it is, but then I'd have to give you all very slow and painful deaths.

Not only were the walls gray, but so was the ceiling. And don't tell anyone but I used double sided tape, poster stickies, $2 Ikea photos, and black foam to hang those puppies up.

BEFORE













AFTER

12 comments:

  1. Omigosh and I actually admitted to you that I don't make beds. I'm so embarrassed! Wait til you see my house. You will choke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! That paint is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. It needed more color, and the black posts of the bed look good against the red. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe Karen. You should see my bed now. *sheepish grin*

    Thanks LT! It's called "spicy cayenne." Who couldn't like a color with a name like that??

    Yeah, Aubrie, the drabness before was killing me. Glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! well done--i love color of the wall-so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful. I love it. (This is Tamara, masquerading as her husband.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea for all the snow days so you can get all this work on your house done. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Lovely, color always makes for a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you find a bedframe with a headboard that low? That is exactly what I've needed for six years now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, you have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks guys! Kate, we bought it at overstock two years ago. It was free shipping and the frame is for a king sized bed. It was $300 which I was pretty stoked about since most frames with that kind of look were more in the thousands. It's cheap though. Nothing high quality about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How could the previous home owners have pink walls in the living room and gray walls in the bedroom? That seems contradictory. I love the windows in your house.

    ReplyDelete