After a largely unsuccessful and much too short hour-long writing session, I open the door to my "napping" two-year-old. Stark naked, sporting nothin' but pink sunglasses, she's managed to pull her toddler mattress to the floor. Books are strewn everywhere, even her glider and ottoman have found a new home. This girl has some serious Heman capabilities. Heman in pigtails. Cute.
Oh, I'm not ready for her to give up naps. This girl is watching some mandatory Dora.
You're so lucky she'll at least stay in her room. We had to stop naps with my son when he was two because he wouldn't sleep through the night. Boy, do I miss those days!
ReplyDeleteOh no! I'm worried we're hitting that point. Goodbye, naps. Forever.
ReplyDeleteSounds like our girls would be best friends.
ReplyDeletelol
ReplyDeleteMy four year old naps better than my one year old. Grr!
ReplyDeleteI curse the day when Landon doesn't take naps anymore!
ReplyDeletecute story--i love that all she was wearing was pink sunglasses! How can you get mad at that! :-)
So cute! My two year old still takes naps too. It's the only time I get to write! LOL
ReplyDeleteI will come be your two year old, I nap.
ReplyDeleteWow, Tamara, I'm impressed your four-year-old still naps!
ReplyDeleteYeah, Nicole, revel in the time your child will sleep.
Melissa, nice to know there's yet another mom who cherishes nap time for writing.
Delilas, it's a deal. :)
As a non-parent, I think those stories are absolutely adorable. But I'm sure if she were mine I'd be worried about the nap situation too.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should be my nanny. I offer fudge!!
ReplyDeleteAh, the days of nap battles. By the time my son was eighteen months, he only took them if I took a drive first. Some lovely three-year-olds showed him how to climb out of his crib.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter would stay in her room, but napped less and less in her two's. Thank goodness for TV. Moms need breaks.
My kids all give up their naps early. Linus has been my latest. He still has about one nap a week at 2 years old.
ReplyDeleteWe are rearranging our living room. Can we borrow Aidan? :0)
ReplyDeleteI guess I should probably stop whining that I can't seem to get Bentley to nap any more, huh? I was already distraught when I couldn't get them to nap at the same time!
ReplyDelete