Okay, I've never made one, so its easy for me to laugh. But I saw this book trailer the other day and about peed my pants. Absolutely terrible. This is just to gear up for another trailer I will share soon (though it's on opposite spectrum of coolness). Remember I read this book and had a mixed reaction, but this just BEGS to be shared.
While we're at it, I must also share this. I think about it almost every day:
that first one was hilarious. was it for real? Like, that's the actual trailer? I thought it was a spoof.
ReplyDeleteI think it IS the real one. Tell me I'm wrong?
ReplyDeleteNow there is so much pressure to not be a laughing stock. But I wonder if those trailers help or hinder people to buy books.
ReplyDeleteFirst one, hinder. Second one, help!
ReplyDeleteI made a trailer for one of my books. It's up on you tube, and I don't think it's helped with any sales at all. I haven't made any others since. I enjoyed watching these!
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing worse than a bad book trailer. *shakes head* If I were an author and got a crappy trailer, I would revolt. lol
ReplyDelete"Wickam, Wickam..." ha ha ha!
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right about that first one. It was...something, all right.
you made me laugh....
ReplyDeleteI loved the second one! The falsetto voice cracked me up.
ReplyDeleteThe first one was hilarious, too, in an entirely different way. Aak! Bleh.
I came across a book trailer on an author's website not too long ago. Who know books now had trailers???
ReplyDeleteAubrie, I need to watch yours.
ReplyDeleteKM, that's when you make your own and say, "Hey! Take this instead!"
LT, that Wickham line cracks me up too.
Avalon, glad you liked them.
Krista, hehehe. It's all about the falsetto.
Nancy, they're getting more and more popular. Stay tuned for a rockin' one in a couple of days.
M. Gray, I agree with you - first one, hinder - second one, help. Any time a man pretends to look or sound like a woman, it's funny. Why is that?
ReplyDeleteI guess that's why we write book, rather than making movies - it ain't easy!
I know! I love everything about making books. I like the idea of making a movie, but I suppose budgets mean lot more in those. Except for the Napolean Dynamite exceptions.
ReplyDelete*snort*
ReplyDeleteMost book trailers that look too much like movies come out looking really cheesy to me... I prefer ones that rely primarily on still images, if you must do a book trailer (It might be the wave of the future, but I'm... unconvinced. we will see). That one is hilarious! The book concept seems like it might be interesting, though, as if the trailer might just not be doing it any favors.
ReplyDeleteJust happened across your blog from wandering other blogs, and you had me at Ethos. Pathos. Logos. I'm intrigued.
Thanks for stopping by, Guinevere. Come back in a couple of days and I'll show you a good one. Glad you like the ethos stuff. I sure do. :)
ReplyDeleteWould you believe that first trailer is NOT the worst I have ever seen? Cheesy, yes, but not the worst! I really really wish it had been the worst, lol.
ReplyDeleteI shared my thoughts about book trailers here: http://ldswbr.blogspot.com/2010/01/book-trailers-its-lovehate-thing.html
The second trailer was very entertaining :). Thanks for posting it!