Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Structure from a Guru

Dan Wells is a genius. I just found the link for these on Kate Palmer's blog. While I learned most of this in Larry Brooks' Story Structure Architect, Wells explained a few things in a new way and once again, helped me make my WIP stronger. I highly recommend this.







11 comments:

  1. Hee hee, great minds think alike, M.! It's a little eerie... It's such a fantastic presentation, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! someone invited you to follow his blog...wasn't that nice?

    Did Dan speak at storymakers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for posting. Great advice AND he's funny. Win/win. :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've watched these - they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to take a look at these. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for posting! I need to think more about structure and story arc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krista, I seriously thought about reposting when I saw you did the same thing. But then I thought--no way! This presentation is too good!!

    Tamara. Nice, indeed! I don't think he spoke. This was from a conf. in Feb.

    Karen, I'm glad you liked it. You should read his books! I've read the first and plan on reading the next two.

    Mary, glad you agree. What a fun personality, eh?

    Theresa, tell me what you think.

    Aubrie, I cannot recommend this enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting this. I'm a new author and have just been inspired by a good friend to write a book i've been wanting to write for a while. I've always been to scared. I appreciate your blog and I will be back! :-)
    Happy Writing
    Melissa Nielsen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa! yay! A new author!! I'm interested in hearing what you're writing! I wrote a ridiculously long comment on your blog. I promise I'm not usually so annoying!

    ReplyDelete