Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We Gotta Fight For the Right to...

Write!!

My two-year-old doesn't nap . . . unless it's past four o'clock, which is just awesome (yeah...). She refuses to watch television and I've ended the "lock-her-in-her-room" sessions (see previous posts for details). I try to write at night but I'm exhausted. My husband wants some well-deserved attention. I want to write, I want to do it, but unless it's pretty dang high up there on the priority list, it just doesn't happen. Yet it is pretty dang high up. I feel like I'm fighting cobras with Styrofoam swords. Twenty of them! . . . Cobras, not swords.

I knew you all could relate.
Just had to say.

10 comments:

  1. Wow Mary look at this whole new look and all! It's very cool. Yes, I can totally relate to fighting for the right to write. It doesn't matter what stage of life we're in, it's a battle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twenty cobras--that's sounds about right. I scared two neighborhood kids away from my house today because they kept barging into my office while I was trying to write. They haven't come back. Maybe I was a little terse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes. I can relate! It's a tough balancing act, to be sure.

    Hang in there; it will come.

    (At least, that's what I keep trying to tell myself...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. Fun times.
    I usually figure that on most days I can do ONE thing outside of the essentials. If I want to run AND write? One or the other probably isn't going to happen. I swear sometimes it feels like the whole universe is against you. Like just when you get the chance to sit down, the world needs you. Or your kid. Which sometimes feels like the universe (I mean this in both a good and bad way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look. Send your 2 year old over to my house and my 9 year old will entertain her since he has a crush on her. Keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some days are better than others. Perhaps you'll have more luck tomorrow? I've had a tough summer for writing myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup. I had a very difficult time writing when my four children were young. I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have kids but my life can get super crazy sometimes. I haven't had time to sit down and write at all lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, guys. I SO appreciate the support. You're right--today was a better day. I suppose I did promise the drama here in my lair. :)

    ReplyDelete