Well, it's not all pain. One agent actually just asked me for a partial based on the two lines she heard at the Gong Show (see post below). Strange, strange world.
And I did fail to mention that my one-on-one pitch session went well. Got a request from that agent, too. Stars of the universe, align for me please?
Congratulations!! I hope everything goes well for you!
ReplyDeleteSo it just goes to show that this business is very subjective. What one person doesn't like, another one might! Hooray!! This sounds SO exciting, Mary!!
ReplyDeleteAnn @ Long Journey Home
Good luck, Mary! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Mary
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!
ReplyDeleteI'm right about where you are... a few agents have requested my MS and now I'm trying to pretend that life is still normal. Because life's still supposed to be normal, right?
Congrats on the requests. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks, guys. Of course, I realize just because an agent sneezes in my direction, it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it did help to make me feel better. ;)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with those agents. I found your blog because your name was next to mine on the "more awesome authors" portion of LDS Women's Book Review.
ReplyDeleteYou are so brave to do the "gong" thingy. I would have never have had the courage to go through with that. Good luck. Yes, the stars will align one of these times.
What great news! Hang in there. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is great news! And it is very subjective. We really didn't even get to hear your query, so I'm not sure how they could judge it so quickly. But it was a lesson to me for sure. Hang in there, and good luck!
ReplyDeleteVery exciting! Aak! Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting! I am happy for you! I hope something positive comes from this!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that something good has come from such a hard experience--something good in the way of tangible good. Not just the experience. ;)
ReplyDeleteRooting for you, Mary!