
You dress up to be a part of it! That's right, folks! That's what we did! Well, at least me and a few girl friends did. :) I threw a "Penelope" party, and forced all attendees to wear a nose of their choice (in case you haven't seen the movie, I'll quote her father--"think pig").
AND to make matters worse, I insisted that each attendee bring a snack to share that correlates with the nose. We had a dog's nose and puppy chow, we had a squirrel and candy with nuts, we had Tucan Sam and Fruit Loops, and we had a dodo bird and donuts... alright that last one was me. I really shouldn't be so into puns.
It was so much fun! We watched the movie in my basement, enjoying my husband's projector (one expensive toy!) for the movie. But all I can is this: you know a story is EXCELLENT when you want to have a party to celebrate its uniqueness.
So you've seen people dress up for Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings. Well, now it's Penelope. Want a real challenge? Create a story that people love enough to re-enact... at least in a partial way.
I've never heard of this movie, but I'm always looking for another good one! I'll have to check it out!
ReplyDeleteI loved that movie and what a great idea. I watched it with friends, so that made it even more fun. I agree with you that a great story makes you want to pretend. I loved the new Star Trek movie and I'm not a real sci-fi kind of gal. When Star Trek comes out on DVD I'm going to bring it over and watch it on your big wall.
ReplyDeleteLet's do it, Delilas. I AM a Star Trek gal (three big brothers, what can I say??) and I haven't even seen the new one yet!!
ReplyDeleteSo I say you, me, and big screen. ;)
I can't wait to get this and watch it, not seen it, and it sounds like a good one....I haven't seen anything good for ages! I tend to get in a rut and watch the same things over and over. I can't even count how many times I've seen Manhattan Murder Mystery.
ReplyDeleteI had a lot of fun the other night. Thanks again for having the party. I loved the nose idea. You're so creative.
ReplyDeleteLet me know what you think of the movie, Karen. It's super cute!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for coming to the party, Erica, and for baking that rockin' candy. It was toooo good. ;)
I love Penelope! It's SO rewatchable!
ReplyDelete