Sequel to the phenomenal Hunger Games, I will be reading Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins today. Sure I should be working on my manuscript, but I figured I could handle learning from the best in suspense while waiting to hear back from my editor. :)If you haven't read the first, it is a MUST read. Absolutely loved it. And I hear the second is as good as the first. But what I don't get is Borders didn't have it in the store! Only Barnes and Noble! Not even Target or Walmart (only online)! These books are huge and widely esteemed, so it made no sense that this book wasn't stocked elsewhere.
But since my good friend, Erica, was kind enough to share a coupon with me, I bought the book and am stoked to dive right in!
So, how much would you hate me if I stuck to my usual role as complete cheapskate friend and asked if I could borrow the book when you're done...?
ReplyDeleteHaha! You're more than welcome to it. :)
ReplyDeleteNo, Mary, you're an author now!!! You can never encourage someone to borrow a book! Everyone must buy! [falls into a screaming, foaming mass on the floor.] I've got to get these books. They sound so awesome. Ha! I love reading!
ReplyDeleteThough when I saw your post, I thought it meant your manuscript had come! I'm so sorry!
lol. Problem is, you don't know Alanna. She'd brake into my house, paw off every book she could find if I didn't just hand it over.
ReplyDeleteShe's scary. Very, very scary.
Ahhh, I'm already half-way through and I can't stop! I'm loving it!
ReplyDeleteCostco in Sandy has it. $9.95
ReplyDeleteAre you serious?? Man! Barnes and Noble wanted $17! Erica gave me a coupon but I still paid $13.
ReplyDeleteFinished it though! I'll post my thoughts from Goodreads tomorrow. Shalane, Erica, I'd love to include yours if you like! Or anybody else's!
Sigh. Yes, it's true. Especially for a book I REALLY want to read... Guilty as charged.
ReplyDelete;)
(But in my defense, I always let people borrow my books, too!)