Friday, September 4, 2009

Working Away on Edits

My manuscript came yesterday! I had all the punctuation errors fixed in a few hours. But now I'm working like mad on my edits: new scenes to be included, a character to find her way back in. My editor says, and I agree, that I should blend the two versions of my story. Big changes include:

  • More of one bad guy
  • Another look at another bad guy's intentions
  • Putting back in one of my favorite characters
  • Putting back in more romance (I'd taken too much out... and I hope my editor agrees)
  • And fixing the ending, so that it comes together better
So I'm having a blast--so very thrilled to be working on this. Wish me luck and I'll go back to my cave of unreality!

6 comments:

  1. Mary, I am so thrilled for you! Because 1: You got back your ms and you now have work to do. 2: You and your editor are in sync 3: You no longer feel like you suck and 4: Because your book is going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Thanks, Karen! You're the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! I'm so excited for you. I knew once you got your manuscipt back you would want to get right back to work. You never sucked!! It came at the perfect time since Adam's gone this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! I'm so so excited that you got your ms!!! and yay for the romance! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw, L.A. DeVaul (Roxanne in La La Land) has her blog site up and has all the WiDo author blogs on her sidebar, if you want to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Erica, Tamara for your votes of confidence! I had an awesome day--Kim watched my BOTH my kids this morning so I could work, then Brian while Aidan napped. Talk about non-existent mother, though! I now need to make it up to them!

    Karen, thanks for the heads up! I'll head over there right now. :)

    ReplyDelete