I am so happy to have discovered Sarah M. Eden’s beautiful story, Seeking Persephone. A Regency era Romance, it is a love story of a Duke and Duchess despite an upsetting beginning: he “buys her” to produce an heir to prevent a cousin he loathes from inheriting his estate. But since the Duke of Kielder has a scarred face and past, this sweet story unfolds as he learns to abandon his anger and learn to love, a task he has never been able to accomplish before. A self published title, I cannot begin to emphasize how impressed I am with this work. When I retrieved it from the box (I’d purchased it from Amazon) I’m honestly not joking when I say my “heart melted.” I love the cover. It presents the Duke’s handsome profile. I didn’t know what the story was about, so didn’t know the reason why he could only show the left side of his face. I also loved
I loved wanting the Duke and Duchess to end up together. I just kept wanting it, desperately wanted them to love each other. I honestly laughed out loud a few times, the Duke’s lines were so entertaining. There was one part when he said “Every bride should have a ball,” and I couldn’t help bursting out laughing. The line was so polarized from anything he should ever feel comfortable saying that it was hysterical yet sweet that he could bring himself to say such a line.
There was also another part, when he first touched her, that I was so shocked!
I purchased Seeking Persephone from Amazon for $12.99. It was such a sweet story—clean and Romantic—a perfect gift to buy those friends out there who love Romance without the grime. It’s no wonder it was a Whitney Award finalist, the tale was beautifully written. Visit Sarah M. Eden at sarahmeden.com to learn more about this incredible author. She just signed with Covenant Communications to publish, I think, her tenth book!
Earlier this year at the LDStorymakers conference I listened to her speak in the self-published class. She has definetly tried a lot of different formats to get where she is now. I think she had a couple different size's of Seeking Persephone, when she switched her POD distributor. She was probably the author there that I thought had self-publishing figured out the best.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome that you got to hear her speak and that she has excelled enough to represent self-publishing at the conference. I sure would like to go next year.
ReplyDeleteFriday-Saturday, April 23-24, 2010
ReplyDeleteLDS Storymakers 7th Annual Writers Conference
Provo Marriott
101 North 100 West
Provo, UT 84601
Website: http://ldstorymakers.com
Haha--I was just looking at that info! I'm actually putting all the Whitney Award winners and finalists in my Goodreads queue.
ReplyDeleteThw Whitney Awards ceremony is afterwards and IF you like my book I would appreciate a nomination. Asking Rob Wells about it yesterday if I would fit into speculative or historical he said historical. But I am ONLY asking for a nomination if you think its good enough-not because you know me.
ReplyDeleteOf course! And I'm so excited to read it! And now you have me nervous too, waiting to hear back from those you sent your ARCs to.
ReplyDeleteWas there a fee for registration?
ReplyDeleteHey there. Sorry it took me so long to get here. Sick kids at my house. *sigh* Thanks for your kind comment over on my blog.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the acceptance in LDSPublisher's Christmas Stories! It was a fun contest, huh? My entry was called "From Dad".
A Sudden Resolve was yours? I felt terrible for the poor guy. Nice of him, but man, Ava didn't deserve him. ;)
Yeah, good ol' Gussie sure didn't like Ava. I'm actually working on a full novel based on their story. My chore is to make everyone see why in the heck Logan loves her. I'm hoping it's coming out. What are you currently working on?? Congrats on your story--I remember it. It was beautifully written.
ReplyDeleteI rather like the idea that those two are getting a full story. I sorely wanted a different ending for him.
ReplyDeleteI'm currently working on a speculative novel for older audiences (I hate saying "adult" because then people wonder if it's the sexy-adult kind--which it's not!). I'm in revision stages but it's been tricksy.
Thank you for your kind comments. I truly appreciate them.
Glad you like the idea of the full story. Don't worry--I think you'll like this ending better.
ReplyDeleteVery cool that you're writing speculative fiction. I LOVE that category. Would you like to be more specific??
I absolutely adored Seeking Persephone too! You described it so well. I loved it so much I recently bought another one of her books. I haven't been able to read it yet, because I have other ones in the queue I have to get to for Whitney judging purposes first--but I know it'll be totally awesome, and it's just sitting there on my desk, taunting me until I get to open it and sink myself into Sarah's world again.
ReplyDeleteGlad you thought I "got" the book. I already have three friends on Goodreads who have added the book to their queue.
ReplyDelete