Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Honoring the gods


I'm on "vacation," quotes subject to interpretation. :) But while away from home these two weeks, I've clutched my copy of Sanderson's Hero of Ages, utterly dissatistfied with my last post. How could I blaspheme Sanderson's work? This latest book has an intro worth enthusing! And I am loving his triology more and more. The world he has created, the politics, the characters, I cannot seem to find the sufficient time to enter Sanderson's realm. But that's okay. Five more days until I'm home and back to my ol' routine.

4 comments:

  1. Have you read Elantris? I'm borrowing it from my brother over Thanksgiving. I love listening to the Writing Excuses Podcasts, (so helpful!) and I thought it's time I gave Sanderson's work a try. I'm a little nervous because he describes his work as epic fantasy. I like to swallow a book whole when I'm reading. How long would that take with an epic fantasy? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of Brandon but I did agree with the slower beginnings of the first two in this trilogy. As long as you know it, it's still a GREAT read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling the love now, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read Elantris yet but plan to. :) Yeah his Podcasts are awesome! But you're right--they are hecka long.

    Glad you're on boat, L.T. And you too, Alanna. Will be home tomorrow night! Late. :)

    ReplyDelete