Need writing inspiration? Listen to Frou Frou. Need to chill out parenting techniques for the kiddos? Listen to Frou Frou. Need motivation to clean the kitchen? Listen to Frou Frou. Need bathwater music? Listen to Frou Frou. Need music to paint? Listen to Frou Frou.Who's your Frou Frou this week?
I used to have a notebook with a can-can dancer on it and Frou Frou in smoke floated above the dancer. I wrote a lot of poems and short story ideas in it. My sister knew it was with me constantly throughout 2001-2002 so she had to tell me when she found the musical Frou Frou. I like em but when I write I like different things for different moods.
ReplyDeleteNightwish and Lacuna Coil for heroics, Rammstein for villians, Morrissey, Basil Poledouris and Hans Zimmer for everything inbetween.
Oh and Leonard Nimoy.
ReplyDeleteI'm with David on the Hans Zimmer; his music makes everything come to life. I also like Alanis for the angry scenes, Josh Groban for romance, and Evanescence for raw emotions.
ReplyDeleteActually I don't have one. I have my favourite songs, they are usually quite easy -listening stuff, but not by one singer or band only. My favourite ones at the moments are Coldplay, Script, James Morrison and some Italians you can't know, of course. Oh, and I love classical music, too. I find that very relaxing.
ReplyDeleteI love listening to relaxing music to get stuff done. I listen to classical, but I also like Enya.
ReplyDeleteYES YES YES! I agree. I love Imogen's voice and I love that I've found your blog. :) Look forward to reading your posts.
ReplyDeleteoh, it's a rotating list, but right now it's The Hold Steady, Frightened Rabbit, Nightwish, Unsun, Sirenia, and The Tallest Man on Earth. Yeah. I listen to different stuff.
ReplyDeleteIf I really need to concentrate? Satie's Gymnopedies.
David, I'm with you that we need dif. music for dif. moods. It's probably that I'm just such a stress case lately that I need the melancholy sound of Frou Frou. ;)
ReplyDeleteCatherine, thanks for coming to my blog!! I will definitely seek out Hans Zimmer some more.
Maria, if you ever want to suggest some Italian music, I would definitely look it up. I get sick of a lot of stuff in the US.
Hey Aubrie. Too bad you couldn't play your own chill music on the flute while you type. ;)
Karen, glad to have a sistah in the love of Frou Frou. Thanks for coming to my blog!!
Simon, you're listing bands I don't know. Thank you for the info--now I have work to do in their discovery!
Hey! Frou Frou is a nice mellow sound. Good stuff, let's see - this week I would say it's a mix of Silversun Pickups (well that's every week for me!) Shiny Toy Guns and like Catherine I love Evanescence!
ReplyDeleteGreat post - look forward to reading more posts :o)
Oooo! Ooo! LOVE Shiny Toy Guns. They're so versatile!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of Frou Frou before. I'll have to check it out.
ReplyDeleteI don't have specific songs/bands for specific types of writing. I just scroll through my list and see what fits for the scene/moment/workload. =]
Hm, this one is new to me. Will definitely check it out! Right now, I'm listening to Sia, Him, Coheed and Cambria, Snow Patrol and Muse.
ReplyDelete