Yeah, I had no desire to see this show and then my lil' sister sent it to my doorstep. Now I am absolutely hooked but cannot help but smile at my eclectic story consumption lately. To Have and Have Not, to The Age of Innocence, to Farm Girl, to this. I'm only on season one and am in awe of this writer's script. He's grabbed me by the collar of the shirt and I wouldn't dream of asking to be released.
Stephen King raved about it.
ReplyDeleteI like continuing stories but I have to get into them at the right time and place. I have been enjoying a number of continuing series-but it has to be on DVD. I can't be tied down to when it airs on TV.
So did you like To Have and Have Not?
I've watched half of it. The thief chick is pretty cool and you can do no wrong with Humphrey. :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen it. My husband has, though. And loved this series. I too am reading Edith Wharton, Chris Ryan and Roberto Saviano at the same time. They are so different but ... one can experience reading differently approaching so different kinds of texts, and learn something from all of them, or not learn anything but be entertained all the same. That happens for ... watching, too.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen this but I've heard good things about it.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen this but my two older sisters love it. I watched Age of Innocence a while back and it made me melancholy. And grateful that I was true to my feelings.
ReplyDeleteYESSSSSSS! add t-bag to your list of uber-villains.
ReplyDeleteI watched the first season of Prison Break and loved it, but I lost interest after they broke out.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to see if I feel the same way, Aubrie.
ReplyDeleteCam, YES. uber-villain t-bag IS.
Maria, so glad we're now friends on Goodreads!!
everyone tells us to watch prison break--but we've never gotten into it...maybe i'll give it a try. :-)
ReplyDelete