- Opening
- Hook
- First Plot Point
- First Pinch Point
- Midpoint
- Second Pinch Point
- Second Plot Point
- Final Resolution
Here's the link:
http://storyfix.com/category/story-structure-series/page/2
Start at the bottom with "Story Structure--Just Possibly the Holy Grail of Storytelling." I'm actually in awe of Brooks' explanations. It's not formulaic outlining--it's tent stakes to hold your ginormous story up. It takes some time, but if anyone's brave enough to weather his ten rockin' lessons be sure to let me know!!!
Actually, a friend just told me about this series. Even his summary was helpful, so thanks for the link!
ReplyDeleteI linked to this on my blog sidebar so I can go back again and again. It's pretty interesting stuff but hard to grasp for me, I think it might be his writing style of how he explains it or something.
ReplyDeleteI think I've heard about this. Thanks for the link. I'll be sure to check that out because I LOVE outlining!
ReplyDeleteSimon, yeah, this has been floating around.
ReplyDeleteKaren, that's funny you don't like his writing style. I really like it! But great idea putting the link on your sidebar. I think I'll do the same.
Be sure to let me know what you think, LT.
I work sooo hard on a good hook, but I should also pay attention to those other points as well!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check this out. Thanks Mary.
ReplyDeleteAubrie, I LOVE a good hook too. Kate, this can be just one more tool for your already mighty toolbox.
ReplyDeleteHey Mary, I gave you an award today on my blog. Can you use another one? Cus your blog is great!
ReplyDeleteInteresting.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well and that you have a great week full of wonderful ideas.
You are such a prolific blogger you deserve this!
ReplyDeletehttp://flyhigh-by-learnonline.blogspot.com/2010/02/wednesday-night-miscellaneous-posting.html