Tuesday, December 28, 2010

How artsy do you like your books?

I thought I liked artsy. But then I just picked up Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan--a book awarded five stars by an editor I revere. But I couldn't get past the first chapter. How elementary I am! I can solidly admit it: I like my works of fiction with a heap of commercial appeal. Literary is good, but I guess I need more of a commercial angle than I thought.

How about you? Maybe I should make a poll...

4 comments:

  1. Depends on my mood. Trashy junk sometimes, highbrow others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time, no talk:) I am behind in the blogging community as I have been too busy to be online. I hope all is well for you. I am trying to catch up on all my dear blogger buddies blogs. I am WAY behind.


    I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas. I wish you a Happy and Safe New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, no literary for me, please. I think I OD'ed in college. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I'm artsy or not. I guess it depends on the story. If the story is good enough, I can overcome any kind of narrative.

    So glad to "see" more of you, Mary. How are you?

    ReplyDelete